Today I am sharing two simple yet exquisite recipes, with only 4 ingredients to turn any meal into a celebration. In my recipes, I try and bridge the gap between home-cooked healthy yet gourmet food and it’s accessibilityâ€‹. The essence of food is to bring people together. Surprise your relatives with these simple, authentic, and gourmet dishes, garnished with a lot of love.
Let’s try these recipes which are easy, and require 4 ingredients only!
Zucchini Rolls often served as a chilled starter, is delicious finger food. It’s made with 4 very simple ingredients and is certainly a quick gourmet fix.
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Cup chopped fresh Basil Leaves
- 3 Tbsp Soft Feta Cheese (any brand )
- 1 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- ½ Tsp Grounded Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Wash the zucchini thoroughly. Take a slicer and slice the zucchini into fine thin slices, vertically.
- Brush olive oil on either side of each zucchini slice and sprinkle pepper on it.
- Preheat the oven at 180° C.
- Place as many slices on a tray according to its capacity. Grill the slices in the oven for 2 minutes only.
- While the slices are being grilled, take a bowl, add the feta cheese, lime juice and chopped basil and mix all together till it looks even. Let it rest.
- Now remove the slices from the oven and let them cool for 2 minutes.
- Take each slice, place 2 leaves of baby spinach at one end of the slice. Place a small quantity of the feta mix on the baby spinach and roll the zucchini along with feta into rolls.
- Repeat for all.
- Refrigerate until you serve. Enjoy the chilled zucchini rolls!
Quick Tip: On average, from each zucchini, you should get about 12 slices.
Creamy Mushroom Risotto
The Creamy Mushroom Risotto, with the option of also adding truffle oil, as preferred, serves 4-5 people in one sitting. This dish is not only simple but also a favourite among the kids.
- 1 ½ Cup Risotto Rice (you can use any thick grain rice available)
- 2 packets Mushroom (approximately 20 mushrooms)
- 3 Cups Milk
- 2 Tbsp pounded Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Cornflour
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- Boil the rice in a pan until soft. Don’t let it overcook.
- Cut mushrooms in any shape as per your liking.
- Take olive oil in a deep pan and heat on medium flame. As soon as it’s hot, add the garlic to it and saute for a few minutes. Add the cut mushrooms and saute until it loses the water and dries up.
- Take a pan and heat 1 tsp of olive oil and add milk to it till it comes to a boil. Add the diluted cornflour to the milk and make a thick sauce. Add chilli flakes, grounded pepper and salt to the sauce. Let it rest.
- Now, add the rice and white sauce that you prepared to the garlic sautéed mushroom and mix well together on a slow flame.
- Turn off the gas and garnish with grated cheese.
Quick Tip: You can garnish it with grated cheese and 2 tsp white truffle oil if you’d like. Add a dash of truffle oil to the risotto if you wish to and have a palate for truffle flavour. Just enhances the flavours and makes it an exotic dish!
If you have tried this recipe and love it then don’t forget to tag us. We would love to know!