French toast is made at my house every week. The kids love taking it for tiffin. It's quick and easy – two things which help in my early morning rush. Normally, French Toast is made with egg, milk and sugar. Now there are a lot of families who want to try French Toast but give it a miss since eggs are an essential ingredient and they don't eat eggs.
Here is a super tasty Vegan French Toast recipe that will surely become your family's breakfast staple. The Vegan French Toast is soft in the centre and crisp around the sides – just as we like it.
You may also like: Update Your Grilled Cheese Sandwiches With These Yummy Additions
A little trivia on French Toast – The name “french toast" was first used in 17th-century England. The recipe — and name — were brought to America by early settlers. So the French really have nothing to do with the name at least. They did have a version of the French Toast though.
Ingredients – Makes 1 slice
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Milk/ Almond Milk
- 1/2 Tsp Honey/Agave Nectar to sweeten + 1/2 Tsp to drizzle
- Dash of Cinnamon
- A slice of Bread
- Put 1/4 cup milk in a flattish bowl. Use a bowl where your slice of bread can be laid out almost flat.
- Add 1/2 Tsp honey and a pinch of cinnamon to it.
- Mix it well to combine all the ingredients.
- Put a slice of bread into the milk mixture. Turn it carefully a few times to make sure its coated properly.
- Heat a pan in the meantime.
- Since this is a vegan recipe, we have not used butter. If you're not vegan then you put add a pat of butter.
- Put the slice on the heated pan and wait for the sides to brown nicely.
Your vegan French Toast is ready.
Note: Honey is not a vegan option, agave nectar is vegan
Tell us in the comments below or send us pictures of how your family enjoyed this French Toast recipe. We love hearing from you.
You may also like: Hacks To Ensure Your Lunch Box Sandwiches Never Get Soggy!