As with all festivities, Rakshabandhan also brings joy and excitement in our families. The playfulness and loving bond that brothers and sisters share is celebrated warmly. And no celebration is complete without good food, right?
So get ready for some festive cheer, as we share with you 4 easy recipes that are fail-proof!
Date & Nut Rolls
Starting with the fudgy and delightful date and nut rolls aka khajoor ladoo. These are super healthy and delicious to the T. They come together faster than you can imagine.
- 2 cups /(400gms) Dates, deseeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk You can use any milk you prefer
- 1/2 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup Pistachios, chopped
- Desiccated coconut for rolling the laddoos
- Dry roast the nuts in a pan till fragrant. Keep aside.
- Combine dates and milk in the same pan and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat until the dates are very soft and mashed.
- Take this date-milk mixture off the heat and mix in the nuts.
- Allow this mixture to cool before rolling them into little balls. You can flatten them slightly as I did.
- Roll the laddoos in desiccated coconut and refrigerate until ready to serve. Enjoy!
You can also shape this mixture into a log, then roll it in desiccated coconut. Wrap the log in cling wrap or parchment paper tightly. Refrigerate until firm, then cut in slices.