Before you strat judging me and think that I am not careful and how the hell can I give my child anything thats out on the street all the time. Well! If you need to survive in Mumbai and need to be mobile more importantly then there are somethings which could be safe and I think these are okay to try.
So here is my list:
- Nariyal pani: This is one thing I absolutely love about Mumbai. Its literally ‘kabhi bhi kahin bhi’. For all the moms who cant get that its Anywhere anytime. Its safe, its natural, beats the heat and is so accessible.
- Â Singh chana: So we are often caught buying singh chana(grams & peanuts) off the street if its not in our snackbox already. Out on worli sea face or outside parks we love snacking on this little healthy junk food that keeps us going when we want to eat but not stuff ourselves
- Bhutta(Maize): Hmm! Really whats Mumbai without this favourite snack. Fresh, warm, yum and again easily available off the road. Our trip to Worli Sea Fcae or Nariman Point is never complete without eating a bhutta. Its part of the ritual and we love it.
- Butter toast: So a big debateÂ whetherÂ I give the daughter white bread or is it always brown. Well she is used to both and is used to the pav that you eat with pav bhaji too. We grew up eating that and still would love to indulge in that right! So once in a while let them feast on some junk too. Get a butter toast off the streets if you need to and trust me given that its cooked its quite a safe bet.
- Dosa without chatni: South Indian food according to me was created especially for moms. This is one food that all kids love and I really wonder why? But whatever the reason is it works very well when you are out and about. Just give the chatni a skip and treat yourself to a good dosa.
- Roasted Sweet Potato: This one is a little seasonal but what the hell its still Â alot of fun especially with the tangy chaat masala they serve it with. The daughter actually took a liking to it after she ate it at our camping holiday.
- Sukha Bhel (Puffed Rice): Skip the chatni and try only the warm kurmura with some sev and maybe some chaat masala. Its a great snack and its not junk.Â