We are stuck indoors for a while now, and this phase seems to never end. With the entire family being at home, chores, work, does it seem like you never get a moment alone? Are you feeling guilty for demanding this time?
You are not alone. We are all in the same boat. This seems to be a problem in every household and yes, we are trying not to lose our mind but we are at that tipping point – so it's time we make things happen for us. Self-care is very important for parents, but everyone ignores this.
There are many ways to get some alone time. You could:
1) Meditate: You could always wake up 15-minutes early to get some me-time and meditating.
2) Listen to music: Music releases our happy hormones. So switch on music when you are having a bath or before going to bed.
3) Join a book club: We are planning and scheduling for our children. We forget to add an activity for ourselves as well.
4) Write in a gratitude journal: Don't forget that there is a lot to be happy about. Don't look at the negatives only.
5) Schedule time with friends: Don't forget to reach out so you feel connected with your previous life before kids.
And lastly, if you are running away to the bathroom to get so me-time – DON'T FEEL GUILTY. A happy parent = happy family.