If your reaction is really whats that? Then let me tell you mine was the same. Over a breakfast morning with my besties we stumbled upon Brain Mapping and how it helps parents in communicating with their kids. A quick call to the founder Anuj Agarwal and we had the Brain Mapping done for the daughter & me. There is a reason why I did it too and would recommend if you are considering it, you should do it with your kids too so the counselor can advice you better keeping both your characteristics and personalities in mind.
What is Brain Mapping?
Quite simply put it analyzes the patterns of the finger tips that are connected to your brain lobes to tell you your strengths and weaknesses. It gives you guidelines or a framework on what you could possibly do and what are your limitations and how best to overcome them
How does it work?
1. You need to give your finger impressions ( all fingers)
2. It takes about 2 – 3 days to analyze and generate a report
3. A consultation session is booked with a counselor at your convenience to understand the report and its interpretation
4. The counselor is happy to address your concerns, questions and any guidelines you would need to make the report work for you
5. A snapshot is provided from the counselors desk that summarizes the observations
Our experience on the process and analysis
Well if you know me then you also know that I am an ardent believer in hard work only. If you think this is like astrology, palmistry and will solve your troubles with your kids then maybe not.
1. The categorization of personalities was interesting and is fairly indicative and I think will be evident to you too
2. Learning channel: Chalk, Talk, Walk: Helps you understand which is the most receptive medium for your child. Does he understand/listen better when spoken, when seen or when he observes others do it . E.g. Some kids will respond well to spoken instructions as they have excellent auditory skills, some have excellent visual skills and can remember things that are shown through charts, pictures very well.
3. Shares Brain Dominance: Left vs. Right
4. Intellect Performance: It clearly shares marks obtained between Intrapersonal, Interpersonal, logical, visual, linguistic, Kinesthetic, Naturalist & Musical.
5. Input vs. Output Zone: This clearly shares how a person will learn and use it best. E.g. Will do well with short definitions, fill ins, multiple choices and will not be good with long tests & essays.
6. Career Options: What are the possible career choices for an individual basis the personality type and how good will the child be in a particular career option.
7.Â Emotional and adversity QuotientÂ : Helps to find out the temperament, emotional levels and sensitivity to environment. Also, ability of a child to handle pressure, exam stress and way of dealing critical situations in life.
Overall IMIÂ uses technology that’s proven and is a credible source in Multiple Intelligence Mapping. Their analysis and interpretation sure can be used as indicative measures to improve parent – child or a couples communication channel. It can also help parents work in a more organized manner after understanding the suggested outcome.