“Is your career so important that you have to give up spending time with your kid?”
“Is financial independence sweeter than your child?”
“Why don’t you get back to work when your kids grow up?”
Have you been on the receiving end of these questions? If you are a working mom then there are chances you would have been asked these. Honestly, There is no trade-off- it is never a question of family vs work/career and frankly, no mom will even draw a comparison between the two. But what is important is for moms to do something they believe in, something they are good at, and what gives them satisfaction.
At Kidsstoppress, we have met all sorts of parents. Stay-at-home moms, working moms, breastfeeding moms, moms that travel alone, and more! We just love how each one of them has a different story. Each one of them is inspiring. Each one of them has key takeaways that could change your perspective.
We spoke to Eika Banerjee, founder of 'Eikam Resonance' on Raising Parents, a podcast hosted by Mansi Zaveri on Jio Saavn She spoke to us about
- How she got married to her college sweetheart, got pregnant at a young age, and her struggles while climbing the corporate ladder.
- How she never wanted to blame her children for her failures.
- How she was competitive and wondered if she was the best mom or not.
- About her relationship with her children and kids.
- Rules at home that make them parents that are there for their children