I know there is an age limit on writing letters to you before Christmas, but let’s make an exception here shall we? I have been super good this year and if that doesn’t fetch me a stocking full of gifts I don’t know what will!
Firstly, Â let me clarify that I am in my early 30s and recently became a mom. Secondly, what that implies is not the additional booster shot of maturity I gained this year but the scary number of things I gave up and really want back!
Here is a list of things I gave up from early this year:
1. Junk food: My guilty pleasure. So I cut back on chips, dips, fries, cookies, and anything that made me remotely happy.
2. No alcohol: Like I said I got pregnant early this year and alcohol was first on the list of verboten things.
3. Size 2: Yep, all those dresses still hang in my closet, looking at me longingly. But I have swapped sexy for sweatpants.
4. Partying: It happens mostly in my bedroom with my cold dinner on my plate, my baby finally asleep, and reruns of some awful, old show.
5. Identity loss: It is a strange feeling when people introduce you as so and so’s mom or so and so’s wife. I have a name you know?
So Santa, you feel my pain don’t you. So here is my list. These are the things I want for Christmas.
1. An understanding boss: Despite all that is happening in my life, I am back at work. Could you swap my existing boss for one that understands what a mom does at home is work too? Maybe also understands the words telecommuting, appraisals, and the ability to empathize?
2. Domestic help: The mythical kind that falls in love with my home and wants to stay on forever.
3. Hands-on-husband: The kind that doesn’t snore nights away and actually wakes up for 3 am feeds and diaper changes.
4. Vacay with my girlfriends: Maybe one where we go far away into the sunset and forget homes, husbands, and children exist just for 5, ok maybe 10 days. I will be back, I promise.
5. The perfect outfit: This one we have all heard of, but it is magic so only you can make it come true. It has to fit perfectly, make me look like a knockout, and make any other woman who looks at me jealous!
I’m sure all these things are stashed away at North Pole somewhere and if you need any help, just ask Mrs. Claus she would be happy to help you with my list.
Thank you in advance and I promise to be a good girl next year too.
Your eternal believer,
Image Source: www.wifflegif.com