The moment I have to go on a trip, my first concern is how am I going to keep the kids entertained. It doesn't matter if it's a 2-hour flight or an 8-hour drive they get bored almost as soon as we sit in the car. These DIY Travel Games for kids are just the thing you need to keep the kids entertained and busy and are a must-have in your hand luggage
Watch the video to know how you make three very popular travel games for kids! Don't forget to tell us how much fun you had putting it all together and did it help during your travels!
3 DIY Travel Games
Tic tac toe
- Jute Bag
- Mark x and O on the pebbles.
- Mark Two horizontal and two vertical lines along the length and the breadth of the jute bag.
Let's Go Fishing
- Blue Foam
- Coloured Felt
- Coin Magnets
- Washer Ring
- Cut out a small pond big enough that can fit in the jute bag using blue foam.
- Cut out 20 small fish.
- Glue a magnet between two fish cutouts.
- Number the fishes from 1 to 10.
- Cut out a 12-inch long yarn.
- Tie a ring washer on one side of the yarn and a stick on the other side. This will resemble a fishing rod.
- To play lay all the fishes on the blue foam paper.
- One by one pull out the fishes using the fishing rod starting from number 1 to 10.
- Felt in 3-4 colours
- Cut 12 felt squares of size 2 inches.
- Cut out 2 of each shape – like squares, triangles, circles, hearts, diamonds and stars.
- Stick each shape cutouts on the felt squares.g
- To play: Place all the felt squares with shapes facing down.
- Turn over any two squares
- If they match, keep them aside
- If they don’t match, turn them back over and start again.
- The game is over when all the cards are matched