Til Gur Ladoos or Sesame Seed Balls are a winter favourite across the country. With Makar Sankranti round the corner, this yum traditional dish is just what you need. Did you know that just a handful of sesame seeds contains as much calcium as a glass of milk? Gur is extremely rich in iron and much healthier than sugar. So next time someone stops you from picking up a til gur ladoo, you can tell them you're eating a nutritious and healthy snack.
You may also like: Why You Should Include Ghee In Your Winter Diet
- Black Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
- White Sesame Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 3 Tbsp
- Gur/Jaggery – As per your taste
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai
- Next, add the gur to the ghee
- Toss in the black sesame seeds and light roast them.
- Add the white sesame seeds next and light roast them.
- Mix well and let it cool.
- Pick up a spoonful of the mixture and form into bite sized balls using your hands. Your quick and easy 10 minute Til Gur Ladoos are ready to be served!