“The gift of a reading life to a child is the best gift of all.”
We at Kidsstoppress couldn’t agree more. We think that reading is the most important when a child is growing up.
But in this podcast, Rohini Nilekani talks to us about how parenting is so different in the 1960s. Now, in 2020 – do you agree we worry too much? We research and ask parents for the best reocmmended books, toys and everything we invest in. Rohini Nilekani is a grandmom and today, she urgest parents to make sure your children have values and parents make sure their kids are curious, commited. We as parent need to ensure they undertand that all of us need to create a society we can live in.
We couldn’t agree more with her and hope that parents allow their children to explore themsevles because it is the most important 21st century skill. Here are some of the tips that she shared with us in this podcast:
- Start reading when the baby is in the womb.
- Teach children the art of gifting books.
- If you aren’t a reader, make sure your child is a reader
- She shares with us books that shape her
- Learnt life lesson through books and focus on increasing vocabulary
- She urgest parents to block time out to read for themselves because the learning journey shouldn’t stop.
- Children should be able to decode the language in books, reason and understand
- Introduce as many books with diffferent genres so they know their liking and their understanding
- Importnace of exposing different languages
Listen to the entire episode to hear what else she shares. If you are on a constant lookout for what to buy your child – books/toys or outdoor games – don’t forget to visit our website or KSP Summer Fun Factory.
P.S You are going to love her answer to when we asked her what she felt like when she had to take a backseat from work! I’m sure a lot of us feel the same way.