The other day the husband bought home a newÂ toy setÂ for our child, a preschooler to play with. The minute she fell asleep, I opened the set gleefully, had a hearty time playing with the toys and revived the kid in me only to get a glare from the husband that said, “Grow up!” Why should I? The entire day is spent running around the family, getting them off to work and school and the entire mundane task of running the house. Somewhere in this mad race, I forgot there was a child in me. A child that loved quirk, a child that loved fun and a child that loved bright colours! So the next day I got an awesome gift from the husband – Â A wonderful new laptop sleeve with pink and blue elephants running around it! Fatakka and my husband made my day!
When Sameer Muchchala, Founder and Creator of Fatakka, along with Hiten Muchchala – both management graduates from S.P. Jain Institute Of Management & Research and with rich experiece in their family business started Fatakka, with the idea to capture the young generation and cater to their offbeat needs. When a regular customer suggested quirky range of products for everyday use like files and folders, they caught on to the idea and then there was no looking back. The ‘Fatakka’ was lit! They made their foray into the market after extensive survey and customer feedback and in June 2016 they launched their first phase of everyday products like laptop cases, iPad sleeves, etc.
We love the names given to each of the designs in all the categories. Customers can choose between Haathi Mere Saathi, Ugdum Bugdum, Polka Owl, Masti Mania, Meow Cat, Ohh Deer, Art Graffiti and Jungle Safari. Fatakka curretly deals with wonderful designs for the following every-day use products:
- Laptop Sleeve
- iPad Sleeve
- External Hard Drive Case
- Kindle Sleeve
- Tech Wire Connector
- Travel Organizer
How to Order?
Fatakka’sÂ products can be purchased from Amazon.
The products are priced from Rs. 269 to Rs. 649.
What we love:
- The unique idea to bring fun and quirky to our everyday use is something we love! Bored of seeing the same black and grey colour electronics cases, this adds a dash of colour to our busy lives!
- The fact that the products that cling on to our hands for most of the day, is scratch-resistant and is made of 100% cotton and not the usual boring leather, rough plastic or hard case is a convincing factor.
- The designs easily get our thumbs up! The wondeful attention to details and the colourful motifs sure bring a smile to your face.
What we would like to see:
- Once we have got used to these colourful cute elephants or the ugdum bugdum, can’t do without them! The makers inform that they will soon be venturing into everyday-use products and we can’t wait!
- We would also like to see their foray into kids’ arena so that my child can enjoy her products as much as mumma does!