Why I switched to Bamboo diapers? It sounds unbelievable but did you know that a conventional disposable diaper has over 60 hazardous chemicals? We protect our babies from every little harm but continuously expose them to so many chemicals every hour of every day. That to right from the time they are born till 2.5 years of age.
What Can We Do To Change That?
When I realised this fact I know it had to stop and something had to be done about it. Choosing cloth diapers was an option but considering all the hassle it involved I decided to forego it. On my hunt for a product that would be best for both me and the baby, I switched to bamboo based diapers. The list of benefits is endless but I will list down a few key reasons why choosing this natural alternative has worked both for my baby and me:
Benefits Of Bamboo Diapers:
- Bamboo is naturaly anti-bacterial so it goes a long way in making the diaper hypoallergenic.
- Bamboo based diapers do not need to be bleached with chlorine like wood pulp based diapers, that’s one major toxin that the baby is saved from being exposed to.
- Bamboo uses 70% less water than other crops to grow so that’s a win for the planet.
- Bamboo lends extraordinary softness to the diaper and don’t we all want a product that’s touching our baby’s tushie all day long to be luxuriously soft!
- It keeps the baby super dry so that’s another way to eliminate germs and tackle the no.1 diaper issue we all face as parents i.e. rashes.
- These are natural down to the last layer i.e. even the back sheet is made of breathable bio degradable materials which allows for easy passage of air and leaves no room for germs to breed.
Why Switch To Bamboo Diapers?
With the amount of green washing being done today it’s hard for any consumer to believe when a brand says they do what they say they do. Words like ‘natural and organic’ are callously used without an iota of truth in them. So, the common bias against these products is that they may not be as effective as their ‘mainstream’ counterparts or they may in fact be just the same product packaged and marketed in a different way. The only way to tackle this concerns as a consumer is to always do your research, read the ingredients and where possible ask for certifications to back up claims.
Why Bamboo Diapers Are The Best?
The best part is that along with being completely natural and organic they perform as well as their conventional counterparts. As a mom that comes as a relief to me because I don’t need to compromise on either my comfort or the baby’s needs because I have finally found a diaper that does the double duty. The cherry on the cake is these diapers are eco-friendly as well so these are great for baby, mommy and the planet.