Remember the last time you went out on a fun, family outing with the children? To a place where they enjoyed, and you could breathe a little while- and return home happy and satisfied? We know- the last 15 months have robbed us of some of these little pleasures. We are not complaining, but yes- we missed out on those family hangouts!
Well here is some good news. One of the country's most popular indoor play areas and winner of KSP Awards for the Best Indoor Play Area category- Smaaash is back and how! The popular gaming and entertainment centre that had suspended operations last year, in lieu of the pandemic is now back in a bigger and better avatar! I was delighted when I got an exclusive chance to take a sneak peek at the all-new Smaaash last week with my family, and I must say, it was an evening well spent!
But wait? Is it safe?
I know a lot of us have become super paranoid about stepping out, especially with the kids. Yes, we do use our discretion and avoid exposure to crowded places. But when you want to jazz up your weekends, especially for the children, this place is a very safe option you can consider. Apart from the excellent service by the staff, the place is maintained to the highest of the hygiene standards and is sanitised after every use.
So no worries about using those gaming consoles that someone else used a while ago. This was a big relief in my mind, frankly as a parent.
What I loved the most:
For those of you who are familiar with Smaaash, you would know about the wonderful range of gaming options they have. For those of you who are new, this is the place you would want to visit not just for the kids, but for the "child in you" too! I don't remember the last time I let myself loose and participated in all the games, competing with my tweens and husband! Some I won, and some let's just say they were better!
- Bowling especially- is such a massive playing option with so many lanes, that you don't have to wait for your turn.
- If you love arcade games as I do, there are 40+ arcade games- some old and some new that you'll absolutely enjoy.
- The part I loved the most was the adventure zone, which kept the kids engaged and hooked for longer.
- If you have got children who love to compete with each other, the Dance Off is the perfect zone to pit them against each other- that was a lot of fun!
- You will also like the VR games like Flying Coaster, Jurassic Escape, Exterminator, etc.
- And for sports enthusiasts in your home, do check out their exclusive 360-degree Cricket, Super Keeper for football fans, and Go Karting.
If you have got children 7 years and under, at present, they might not have a lot of options to entertain them. We hear work is in progress and some new games might be coming up in the future, but for kids 8 and above and for parents, this presents as the perfect option to bond and let off some steam, especially during tough times like now!
Also, did I mention, the dining zones is one of Smaaash's highlight areas and has always been! The quality of the food was excellent with a lot of kid-friendly recipes and short bites. Also, in the future, if you are planning birthday parties or family get together, this is a great place to host them.
Remember, to stay careful, and choose times that are less crowded. And for your safety and that of those around you- always stay masked up!
Rates: Arcade Games start from Rs 79, VR games are priced starting at Rs. 249, Bowling starts from Rs 349 onwards. The prices vary with their outlet in each city. You can reach them here.