Summer is here and it is time to make some fun projects with your kids. This one is literally for the birds! This season let us spare a thought for the birds and all living creatures outside our windows by making a bird feeder. We give you step by step instructions to make a lovely bird feeder. Teach your children how to satiate their hunger and about how to care for all living things.
What you need:
- 2 cups Birdfeed (Jowar or Bajri)
- 2 spoons All-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 spoons Sugar syrup thick
- 1 sachet or 2.5 spoonsGelatine
- 1/2 cupWater
- In a bowl mix water and gelatine. In another bowl mix all the other ingredients together.
- Add the gelatine and water mixture too.
- Take a mould and fill it halfway through with the birdseed mix.
- Put a loop of wool in the centre and stuff the mould with the remaining bird feed mixture.
- Set in the fridge for two hours.
- After two hours unmould it and hang it outside your homes for the birds.