Kids get bored of the same food so easily right? After all, variety is the spice of life. We want our kids to eat healthily and have smiling faces. No mommy wants to deal with food time tantrums.
By the way, if you are stuck with meal ideas, we have the perfect solution for you. the KSP Meal Plans Subscription programme is your gateway to meal ideas that take care of you from breakfast to dinner with snacks and lunch in between.
Now We All Know How Healthy Makhanas Are. They Are:
- Rich in fibre
- Good for the heart
- Helps with strong bones
- Keeps constipation at bay
- Great for weight loss
So instead of giving them salted foxnuts sauteed in ghee., try out this yum makhane ki kheer recipe. It’s sweet and healthy – perfect to make this Navratri.
- 250 gms / big bowl of Makhana
- 1 litre Milk
- 2-3 Tbsp Ghee
- 5-6 Tbsp Sugar
- Cardamom powder
- Dry fruits like raisins , roasted almonds & cashews ( optional)
- Saffron ( optional )
- Melt 2 spoons of ghee in a kadhai
- Once heated add the makhanas and roast it well for 4-5 mins or until crunchy
- Stir often while roasting
- Once roasted, keep them aside to cool
- heat the milk in a deep pan ( stir occasionally)
- Take about 3/4 quantity of the Makhana and semi-grind it
- Keep the other 1/4 portion of roasted Makhana as it is
- Once the milk is warm ( not boiling ) , add the powdered Makhana to it
- cook for 7-8 mins
- Add 1/4 Makhana now and continue stirring gently
- Mix in the sugar and stir well.
- Scrape the milk from the sides and continue stirring occasionally.
- Add saffron ( optional )
- Add the cardamom powder and dry fruits for garnishing
- Cool to room temperature or refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving
- The kheer will thicken more on cooling so keep the consistency accordingly
Powdering the Makhana gives a smooth consistency to the kheer. If you want texture and bite in the kheer, then chop the makhanas or add them whole, if they are small in size.
Don’t forget to follow us for more recipes, DIYs, celebrity interviews and more. Subscribe now!
You can also check out the yum dhokla recipe we have. It’s easy and a must-try!