Is it possible to raise children conscious of the environment when we live in a concrete jungle?
Is it possible. Yes. We just don’t try enough. We can’t complain about how the beach and the parks are not usable, if we don’t do anything about it, said Pragya Kapoor. And I couldn’t agree more.
A few years ago, I decided to avoid using plastic. We agreed to do this as a family. I wondered if my kids would be able to adapt to this lifestyle. Once again, I was reminded – KIDS ARE RESILIENT.
We spoke to Pragya Kapoor – the film producer and environmentalist about how she is raising her children on Raising Parents, a Jio Saavn podcast hosted by Mansi Zaveri. She shared a little bit of her motherhood journey with us when she talks about:
- How she is raising kids to environmentally conscious
- They, as a family, go for beach and parks clean up drives
- How they decided not to use plastic, but she has to let go once in a while when they purchase biscuits
- How she prefers raising them amidst nature and not the concrete jungle
- Doesn’t want to raise them with abundance but wants the kids to be grateful and have empathy.
Listen to the entire podcast and let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Where can you watch the show: Jio Saavn
What time: Each episode will be released at 12 AM.