3 TIER CHOCOLATE CAKE
Our first recipe straight from the oven of Secret Sprinkles is here. If you want to know more about Secret Sprinkles click here
Keeping the festivities in mind we have some yummy cakes to indulge in and here is the recipe for it:
- 125 ml Â water
- 60 g butter ( room temperature)
- 2 tablespoon cocoa sifted
- 150 g plain flour sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda sifted
- 220g caster sugar
- 60 ml buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 50 g softened butter
- 250g cream cheese
- 160g icing sugar sifted
- 25 g cocoa sifted
- Â Preheat oven to 150 deg
- Â Place the water,butter and cocoa in saucepan over medium heat and stir until the butter has melted
- Â Place the flour,soda and sugar in a bowl,add the cocoa mixture and mix to combine
- Â Add the eggs,buttermilk,vanilla and whisk to combine
- Â Divide mixture between 2 lightly greased 12 cm round cake tins lined with baking sheets
- Â Bake for 40-45 mins or until cooked when tested with a skewer
- Allow to cool in the tins.Turn out onto the wire racks to cool completely
To make your frosting ,follow the step below
- Â Place the butter and cheese in a bowl and whisk Â 10 mins until pale and creamy.
- Â Add the icing sugar and cocoa and beat for further 8 mins until light and fluffy
- To assemble,slice the cakes in half horizontally.Place one cake layer on a plate and spread with frosting.Repeat with remaining layers.
Voila there is yourÂ 3 TIER CHOCOLATE CAKE!
Do let us know how did your cake turn out and do definitely drop in questions if any!