Bindu Nayar from Secret Sprinkles is back to share with us Christmas goodies. She has infused a whole lot of healthy ingredients to make it nutritious for our little elves. So lets get going with what you need and moms don’t feel lazy…
- Orange Juice Â – 70 ml
- Dried Apricots – 80 g finely chopped
- Runny Honey – 100 g
- 2 Eggs
- Sunflower Oil – 50 ml
- Wholemeal Flour – 125 g
- Bicarb of soda – 1 spoon
- Baking Powder – 1 spoon
- Pinch of salt
- 1 spoon mixed spice or cinnamon/clove powder
- Carrots – 200 g finely grated
- Walnuts – 50 g
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Â Cream cheese – 250 g
- lemon zest – 1 spoon
- 2 and half spoon runny honey
- Â Orange Zest for garnish
- Place the orange juice,zest and apricots in a pain and bring to boil,then turn off the heat and leave the apricots to soak up some of the juice.
- Whisk honey,eggs and oil for 4 minutes,until very pale,light and frothy.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flours,bicarb,baking Â powder,salt and spice.Fold into the egg mixture
- Gently fold the remaining ingredients then pour into the tin.Bake for 45 minutes or until springy. Cool on a wire rack.
- For the icing..Beat the cheese very soft,add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Spread evenly over the cake once cool..garnish with orange zest..