The 'King of Fruits' which makes a royal appearance in India in the summer is one of the best summer fruits to have. Mangoes and summer have always gone hand in hand for me. Growing up whenever my sister and I saw mangoes we would have these wide ridiculous smiles on our faces. We would eat mangoes all summer long and our clothes would show telltale signs of it too! Quite a sight it was!!
My daughter has inherited my love for mangoes, my son not so much. But he likes anything that remotely resembles a popsicle. So the mother in me, that wants him to eat seasonal fruits, came up with this Mango Yogurt Popsicle recipe – a truly healthy, summer treat for children.
You may also like: Fruit Salsa With Cinnamon Chips
- 3 Cups Plain Yogurt
- 4-5 Ripe Mangoes (to blend plus a few chunks for garnish)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar Or Honey
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Add mango chunks to the smoothie.
- Pour the mixture into popsicle moulds.
- Place the popsicle mould in the freezer for about 4 hours or until completely frozen.
Equipment: Popsicle Moulds
You may also like: 6 Reasons Why Mango Should Be Part Of Your Child's Meal Plan This Summer
Image Source: www.kirbiecravings.com