For me work is always marked by the 5 pm slump. It is a time post the lunch rush when I find myself reaching for a cookie or something salty and chase the food down with a cup of coffee or tea. I try and trick myself into reaching for something healthy but we all know how that ends right?
Which is why the idea of Chomp sounds interesting. Literally a ‘snack box’ that has five different snacks to satisfy your 5 pm cravings from Monday to Friday. With something right there in front of you, you won’t have the need to order in greasy, deep fried snacks or find yourself reaching for that sugary, frosted doughnut.
What it is?
Chomp offers Â a variety of snacks that are non fried, non greasy and therefore healthy and good for you. Each box containsÂ a nuts/seeds mix, a pure sugarless fruit mix, a guilt free sweet, a namkeen and a cracker with a dip.
All you need to do is pick a subscription package that works for you and then have your snack box delivered every Monday to your doorstep through a dabbawalla. Store them at your desk and have a healthy snack every day.
What we like
- The snacks are a really healthy mix of nuts and seeds and makes sense for those watching their weight. Plus the portions are controlled, so no more binge eating.
- Since these are delivered on Monday and are right there on your workstation, you will be able to fight the urge to order in greasy snacks.
What we don’t like
- The snacks are all easy enough to be prepared at home and you will find yourself wondering why you need to pay a hefty subscription price to have it delivered when you could just make it yourself and simply pack it in your lunch box.
- While we were happy with the variety of snacks offered, tastes do differ across the board and not everyone will be satisfied with dips and tiny chips.
- We would have loved to see more fresh produce as part of the snack box
3 months (quarterly) subscription, 12 boxes : Rs 3000
Monthly subscription, 4 boxes: Rs 1100
Half monthly subscription, 2 boxes: Rs 450Â