Last week Times released its list of 100 Best Books for Children to read in a Lifetime. The list covered the absolute favourites and some new ones. The kids should definitely have these on their borrowing list. The best books list is not the only list you must look for but is just a guideline. Best books for me are always the ones that the kids enjoy the most. With so many bestseller lists we thought we will give you a Best of 2014 list by trusted sources which will serve as your checklist. Do go through them and don’t miss the KSP 75 books for kids which also includes Indian authors. It is absolutely important to give our kids that exposure to Indian books and day to day life and nuances.
Some of the common ones are:
1.Â Where the Wild Things Are, by Maurice Sendak
2.Â Matilda, by Roald Dahl
3.Â The Giving Tree, by Shel Silverstein
4.Â The Story of Ferdinand, by Munro Leaf
5.Â If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, by Laura Joffe Numeroff
6. Ameleia Beelia by Peggy Parish
7.Charlotte’s Webb by E.B. White
8.Â The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss
Here are the lists you should carry with you on your next trip to the library:
1. 38 Perfect Books To Read With Kids.
2. 20 New Classics Every Child Should Own.
3. 75 Books Every Child Must Read ( Indian Authors Included)
4. Times List of 100 Books Every Child Must Read
5. Times List of 100 books for Young Adults
6. 100 Books To Read In a Lifetime by Goodreads
7. Amazon Children’s Books
8. 8 Picture Books That Make Us Wish We Were Kids Again
9. 8 Picture Books You Dont Have To Be A Kid To Love
10. Celebrating Immortal Children’s Books