During our pregnancy journey, we read and prepare ourselves for all the best possible scenarios- especially ones with the kids sitting happily on their toddler chair and consuming their meals with a happy face! Every mom knows how this is just a dream and the tantrums that today’s kids throw during meal time. The meal battle is something that moms don’t give in too easily as well! So what then is the solution to feeding something that is healthy and tasty for the little ones? We tell you an option today’s parents need to consider.
What is Baby Staples:
Baby Staples is a new entrant to the baby food market in India, that specialises in homemade organic foods for your baby.
The force behind Baby Staples:
When techie mom Aanchal faced the inevitable meal time battle with her son, she realised that the healthy and tasty baby food was something amiss in the Indian market. That’s when, out of sheer love for food, and in-depth research on the essential nutrition that children need, she came up with the idea of churning out homemade and organic food for new moms and babies-something that would be tasty and healthy. The lack of Indian taste in most of the brands that are already available and the lack of whole grains for children was the drive behind going ahead and launching Baby Staples.
Products @ Baby Staples:
Baby Staples caters not only to newborns and infants, but to new moms and healthy nutrition for the entire family too. Their age-wise collection of baby foods include some healthy products such as Organic Rice Porridge, Organic Multi-grain Cereal, Organic Jowar Dosa, Organic Brown Rice Porridge and lots more.
The mommies nutrition includes some delicious options such as Ajwain Laddoo, Gond Panjiri and the family nutrition pack includes Soups, Laddoos, and Dosas among others.
The baby products at Baby Staples do not include sugar or salt (except the laddoos) as per doctor’s recommendation for babies up to one year. Baby Staples also steers clear from adding any artificial preservatives or fortification of nutrients. The idea is to bring back the age-old traditional baby foods with a great taste that babies simply cannot refuse.
How to order?
Orders for Baby Staples products can be made through their website
. Also, they are available on popular online portals such as Amazon, Firstcry and Shopclues.
The 200g packet starts at Rs 225 and depending on the ingredients, are priced up to Rs 645.
What Kidsstoppress thinks about this:
- The idea of bringing back our traditional grandmother’s Recipes for infant nutrition is something today’s moms are supportive of and are on the lookout for. That way, Baby Staples has a ready market, we must say!
- The concept of instant baby food- that is preservative free, organic, homemade and easy to digest for the little ones and new moms is a welcome move for moms on the run.
- The products from Baby Staples cater to the adults as well. The laddoos and cereals are a sure hit at the dinner table!
- With other players in the market like Slurrp Farm that deal with whole grains for babies who have started on solids, Early Foods that caters to more vegan and gluten-free options in addition to porridges and snacks and Soulfull that offer a new twist to cereals to your family breakfast- we would love to see how Baby Staples stands out with their instant baby food collection.
- The pricing, though, looks a tad expensive. But Baby Staples explains that the 18% GST on baby food and the processes such as procuring organic ingredients, dehydration of the fruits and vegetables and the hygienic preparation behind baby food are the reasons for the pricing. We need to wait and watch if India moms are ready to shell out a high price for baby and new mommy food.
- We love the way whole grains are introduced through tasty flavours for the infants, but some of the flavours look too exotic to suit the Indian taste. Again, we need to wait and watch