Cauliflower is one of those underrated vegetables that is finally getting its due under the sun. This winter vegetable is so versatile it can be used in soups, curries, stir-frys, or even nowadays as a healthy pizza base! Muted in flavour, it is happy to take on additional flavours, making it pretty much a blank slate to work with. This winter vegetable is no stranger ot health benefits too! It is packed with Vitamin C, potassium, folate and B vitamins. But how do you make a recipe that is a crowd pleaser for the entire family.
You may also like: Meal plans that are kid-approved and healthy!
Here is what you do!
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Prepare a vegetable stock with carrots, celery and onions
- Roast the cauliflower with garlic for 35 minutes in a 450 F/ 232 C oven
- Cool and blend most of the cauliflower with a little stock to make a puree
- Add a dash of extra virgin olive oil in a pan
- Add the reserved cauliflower pulp and saute for a minute
- Add the puree to the pan and stir it all together quickly
- Thin the soup to desired consistency with the stock
- Season with salt and pepper
You may also like: Winter vegetables that make the most delicious soups!