As 2021 continues to mirror 2020, we're almost back in lockdown 2.0. Before you go down the bored-in-the-house spiral, we need to address the elephant in the room. Kids haven't visited a physical school for more than a year. Parents have been everything to their children – their teachers, their friends, their playmates. It has been exhausting and I'm sure many agree that Online school is just not the same as attending physical school.
Earlier this year, I am sure everyone started planning to send their kids away to school – so they could claim their life and me-time. But it doesn't seem to happen anytime soon. So how are you going to survive this year?
Here's what some moms had to say when we asked them if their kids were going to see the inside of a school in 2021:
- Some said that it is very upsetting that our li'l ones won't see an inside of a pre-school and they are missing out on so much by being stuck indoors.
- While others are commenting that a temporary solution like online school has become the new normal. Going to school is a basic human right, which our kids don't have access to.
- There was another parent who commented that until 6 years old, school isn't necessary unless parents are busy and they live in a small apartment without much social interaction. In a joint family scenario or where a parent is actively teaching a child, you don't need a school to shape your child.
Learning is lost but what can parents do so they can give the best to their children.
Tips On How To Keep Kids Engaged
- Divide household duties.
- Create a routine you can stick to.
- Make your living room a school with a desk – so learning can be continuous.
- Introduce more books every day – Indian Authors, too!
- Enroll in online classes where it is interactive and that makes sure they design a class age-appropriately. (On KSP Summer Fun Factory).
P.S If you want access to 45+ courses for your kids – sign up for KSP Summer Fun Factory here.
If you want access to a webinar that talks to you about how to get kids to love reading – sign up for KSP Reading Challenge.
We asked moms on Instagram, if they think their kids are going to see the inside of a school.
Do let us know your thoughts by writing to us at email@example.com