Going to the beach for me is just plain bliss and I know all kids love it too. There is just nothing better than packing your beach bag essentials and watching your kids play and enjoy free play time. Fetching pails of water and wetting the sand to make a big castle and find shells to decorate it.
If you are trying to head to a beach in your city or abroad there is a lot more that you can do at the beach that is so much fun! Here are our list of fun ideas that we are going to try to our next visit at the beach or on our holiday to the beach.Â Read it up and share it.
- Seashells Wind chimes â€“ Collect some differently sized sea shells. You will get plenty of them in you walk at the beach. Carry some colorful buttons from home and threads thick enough to carry the weight of shells. Pin a whole in d shells, the buttons will already have some. Tie alternatively the shells and buttons in different colors and sizes and make four to five threads equal in lengths. Tie them all on a relatively sizes tree branch thick enough to hold the weight of all threads. Your wind chime is ready.
2. Make a pond â€“ Dig a pond big and deep enough for your toddlers to step in, sit, and jump. Pour some sea water in it. And allow them to be in the pond for some time. This will make sure they donâ€™t run here and there all the time.
3. Simple tents â€“ Its really simple to make a tent with the help of a towel, long sticks, differently shaped leaves. Dig holes into the sand, place the sticks and cover it with a towel so that it creates an area enough for your toddlers to settle in. You can tie the different leaves on the sticks to make it look decorative and fun. Alternatively you can also use other decorative stuff like shells too.
4. Bucket relay â€“ Take a beach kit that has a bucket and glasses. Keep the bucket at a distance and ask your kids to fill it up with sea water. The one who fills it up first is the winner. Alternatively if you do not have glasses you can use plastic bags and ask the kids to fill the bag using their hand only.
5. Shell art â€“ Take a walk on the beach and collect different sized shells, sticks and pebbles and create fun pictures on sand like a skeleton, leaf, smilies etc.
6. Aim the number â€“ Draw circles on the sand and number them. Ask your kids to run and get into the circle that you name it. The one who runs first for most number of times wins. Alternatively you can draw and number the circles and ask your kids to toss a stone to the circle that u name.
7.Â Bowling â€“ You definitely will plan this beach visit with your kids. So itâ€™s worth to invest in a bowling kit. Alternatively you can carry 7 to 10 big balls and a small one to pitch the target. Place them on the beach where the sand is able to hold the balls.
8. Pic art – Sit with everyone in a group and describe an image in your head. Every kid has to draw it on sand the way they would draw it on paper. The kid who sketches the picture closest to your description wins.
9. Treasure hunt â€“ Ask your kids to find out interesting beach findings like shells, pebbles, sticks etc. Alternatively you can hide some coins, chocolates and other objects under the sand and ask them to find in the given period of time.
10. Seek n retrieve – Sketch out a boundary on a part of beach. Ask your kids to find the most interesting things with that boundary. The one who finds an interesting item wins and must speak 2 to 3 lines on it. Bonus points for the one who finds an item first.
We are sure these activities with the kids will make your visit to beach a fun and a memorable experience. For more ideas and tips on different summer activities with kids follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram. Happy Summering..!