Getting admission for your child into a good school is not easy, in today's world. Especially for nursery admissions. Normally by the end of November, the admission scene in Delhi is heating up. But with the pandemic raging on and schools being shut for almost a year now, everything was put on hold.
But if you have a child who is ready to start school, then you need to read this. The big rat race for getting your little kids into the Nursery classes 2021-22 of prestigious schools has begun officially! The Directorate of Education (DoE) has released dates & guidelines bringing respite for anxious parents who have been waiting for the notification for over two months.
The nursery admissions in Delhi-NCR will run from 18Feb 2021 – 4th March 2021.
Here are the key pointers from the recent circular:
- The first list of selected children will be displayed on March 20
- Followed by the second list on March 25
- Subsequent list for admission, if any, on March 27.
- The entire admission process will conclude on March 31.
- Each school shall display the admission schedule on its notice board and website. Further, each school shall ensure that application forms for admission are made available to all applicants till the last date of submission of the admission's application form.
Schools have been asked by the Directorate of Education (DoE) to provide age relaxation of up to 30 days, both at a minimum and maximum level for admission in Nursery, KG, and Class 1 due to the COVID situation.
The Directorate of Education (DoE) has issued a circular about the age limit of the children
“Age relaxation of up to 30 days may be granted at the level of heads of schools in the maximum as well as the minimum age limit for classes Nursery and KG/Class 1.”
As per DoE rules, a child cannot be more than four years for admission in nursery as of March 31, 2021. For KG the upper age limit is five years and for Class 1 it is six years.
Some of the point criteria are
Some of the common criteria for allotting points are
- Proximity to the school
- Children with siblings in the school
- Parents who are alumni of it
- Girl children
- First-born children.
- Adding to these criteria, three private schools in more remote parts of the city have also decided to offer points to families affected by Covid this year.
How to register for Nursery, KG and Class 1 Admissions 2021
Step 1: Visit the official website of the school that you want to register for
Step 2: Click on 'Nursery Admissions 2021-22' tab
Step 3: A new login window will open
Step 4: Fill in your ward's details in the form
Step 5: Upload the required documents
Step 6: After uploading click on the ‘submit’ button.
- Passport size photo of the ward.
- Passport size photo of parent or guardian
- Address proof papers
- Birth certificate of the ward
- Aadhaar card of the ward
Stay tuned to Kidsstoppress.com as we keep you abreast with all info and deadlines Nursery Admissions in Delhi-NCR.