School starts next week, have you planned for all things school yet? We bring youÂ complete back-to â€“school- guide to make your shift to the horrid school scheduleÂ (as we call it) an easy one.
Want to know where you can get all the above MUST have school items at oneÂ place? Refer our list of 10 places for back-to-school shopping in India.
1. Shop for things that your child will be using daily in school
- Stationery items â€“ Pens, pencils, syllabus books ( keep them coverÂ ready, one activity that kids are always so excited about)
- Uniforms â€“ we advise to keep at least 3 sets ready
- School bags
- Water bottles & tiffin boxes â€“ go for the simple ones which yourÂ child can manage on their own.
- Donâ€™t forget to buy a rain wear for you kids , with rainy season hittingÂ us next month anytime in the first week of June. keep a raincoat in theÂ bag to be prepared for those surprise showers.
Image Source:Â pixshark.com
2. Prepare a list of tiffin and breakfast recipes
To avoid the ever so haunting what-to-make for dabba situation a night before school, plan a weekly tiffin menuÂ & paste it on the fridge door. Here are our 21 Easy School Snack ideas toÂ pack for kidsÂ , 8 Breakfast ideas that are delicious, making oatmeal fun
3. Label all belongings
Especially for younger kids who are too small toÂ take care of their own things. Labeling their belongings helps teachersÂ and helpers in school to disburse the kids faster after school and helpsÂ avoid last minute mix-ups.
Image Source:Â Pinterest.com
4. Set up the study table
Get rid of all those paper cut-outs and the otherÂ craft items that ruled the study table during the holiday season.
Image Source: cityshor.com
5. Enter holidays/Special celebrations and long weekends in your calendar
This is one of the first things I do the minute we get an email from school on the holiday list. I ensure that it’s entered and saved in the husbands and my calendar. We always have a list of places we want to visit planned in the beginning of the year so it’s a matter of just planning it now.
Image Source:Â india.com
6. Read up about the after-school facilities
Especially if you are usingÂ the school bus facilities, familiarize yourself with the bus routes,Â timings, stops to avoid any delays in drop and pick up timings. You donâ€™tÂ want the other parents waiting too long for their kids to arrive , due toÂ delays from your end.Â Also find out if there are any after school extra curricular activities thatÂ you can enroll your child into.Mostly schools schedule them straight afterÂ regular school timings to avoid unnecessary commute by both parentsÂ and kids.
Image Source: wigmoreschool.org.uk
7. Print and keep the semester-wise schoolÂ calendar
Print and keep the semester-wise calendar provided by schoolÂ on your cupboard / kitchen where you are sure to see it at least once aÂ day. So that you are aware of the upcoming school holidays, special eventsÂ like open days, and the dress code,etc.
Image Source: freevectorbg.com
8. Reset your schedule a week in advance
Basically set your childâ€™s bodyÂ clock a week before as per the school schedule, which means putting yourÂ them to bed early,so that they wake up fresh early morning next day. AndÂ moms read out tips on How to ease up your mornings.
Image Source: aliimg.com
9. Prepare a timetable to be followed once the kids are back from schoolÂ
Keep a healthy balance of both play time and after-school assignments.
Image Source:Â pinimg.com
10. Talk to your child
To prepare him mentally for school, how the first dayÂ at school will be, who will be their new teachers, new friends, what newÂ subjects they will be learning about. We all know that it is never so easyÂ to go switch from a long holiday mode to one of rules, regulations, studiesÂ and obedience.
Image Source: topyaps.com