Festive times are hard on everyone’s tummies. Even though we try and stay on track and to binge eat, a little indulgence is normal. So how do you restore the balance in your gut and start setting your body clock right? Poor digestion is the root of so many health issues. Smoothies can be easier to digest because they’re blended (some of the work is done for you! )
Gut Health Specialist Payal Kothari tells us about one of her favourite meals in a glass – a Spinach & Banana Vegan Smoothie
Bananas and spinach contain a lot of fibre. Her favourite feature of fibre rich food is that
- It makes you feel full for longer
- This leads to helps you to snack less
- You get all your nutrients in a single glass
- Tastes yum!
So here’s the recipe for you to try out too
- Handful of Mint Leaves
- 1/4 Avocado
- 3-4 Drops Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Glass Water
- 1 Tsp Chia Seeds soaked
- 1 Tsp Basil/Sabja Seeds soaked
- Put the banana, spinach leaves, mint leaves, avocado, almond milk, lemon juice & water.
- Give it a good whiz in the blender.
- Pour into a mason jar.
- Add the soaked chia seeds & basil seeds.
Do try this recipe out and if you have a recipe that you would like to share with us, then write into us. We would love to hear from you.