Every parent’s worst nightmare is the day they hear their child was/is being sexually abused. As a parent we take a tacit oath to keep our kids from harm.
In this day and age when newspapers and television are filled with child abuse cases we need to pledge to arm our children with everything they need to keep themselves safe. Knowledge is the best weapon and we need to talk to our child about good touch and bad touch as early on as possible. Yes, KSP recommends right from when they turn two or three years old!
We understand a lot of parents are squeamish about talking about sexual abuse with their children and oftentimes this ignorance is what the perpetrator thrives on. The more kids know about what is good and bad touch and the limits a stranger/acquaintance/relative/friend can touch their body the better.
KSP brings you 5 videos that parents can watch with their children to teach them about sexual abuse in a fun way while keeping their innocence intact.
1. Take a safety quiz to find out how much your child knows about sexual abuse – This video is created by HowToTellYourChild.com â€“a platform that provides educators and parents easy tools to teach children tough topics like sexual abuse and puberty.
2. Indian Schools have launched various initiatives to educate even kindergarteners about child abuse. This video by Podar Jumbo Kids, Mumbai educates children about good touch vs bad touch using puppets.
3. Learn how kids should react if someone touches or tries to touch their private parts repeatedly – A video from the workshop conducted by Actor Aamir Khan on the popular television reality show Satyamev Jayate.
4. 8 important things parents should discuss with their children while talking about ‘good touch vs bad touch’.
5. Learn about the common myths associated with child abuse that parents need to be aware of.
Image Source: youtube.com