Street food and espcialy chaat is something we all love to eat, but eating street food in the monsoon is a big no-no! So what do you do when you are craving something chatpata but simply can’t run to your nearest chaatwalla?
This healthy fruit snack recipe hits all the right notes on these monsoon days! It has the goodness of fruit, the yumminess of kalakhatta and works perfectly as an evening snack to keep you full until dinner time.
You may also like: Snack healthy and snack right with these Healthy potato wedges!
So Kidsstoppress met with Chef Rushina Munshaw who is a food writer, consultant and founder of APB Cook Studio, and asked her how to make this delicious, healthy fruit bhel recipe. Not only does she make the kalakhatta dressing from scratch, she demonstrates just how easy it is to whip this up in no time! Here is the complete recipe. Watch it, make it and make sure to tag @kidsstoppress in your pics!
To make this delicious recipe, here is what you will need.
- 2-3 Tbsp Jamun Puree/Kala Khatta
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- Orange Zest
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Kala Namak(rock salt)
- 1 Tsp Jeera Powder (cumin)
- Chaat Masala
- Chopped Pineapple
- Apple chunks
- Mint Leaves
- Heat a pan and put jamun puree/kala khatta in it
- Add sugar to it and let it cook for 3-4 minutes
- Check to see if it’s reduced by moving it around the pan.
- If it does not go back when pushed around, it is time to take it off the heat.
- Add the lime juice, kala namak & chaat masala and jeera powder.
- Put the fruits in a bowl
- Mix in the chutney