We have a new guest blogger to contribute on Kid’s Decor ideas become we know that Little rooms need special makeovers.
Rohina Anand, took over the luxury home interiors brand AA Living as owner and head designer in winter 2009.Â She completed her schooling in Mumbai, after which she moved to the United Kingdom to channelize her unexplainable passion for textiles and design.. The summer of 2010 marked the launch of their brand extension BIBZY, a charming new children’s collection. They took all their signature products and reinvented them to fit in seamlessly into the little oneâ€™s nursery. Quality craftsmanship on bedding, bath textiles, rugs, accessories and creative baby shower gifting.
In her first article on Kidsstoppress Rohina shares ideas for the Kids room which ofcourse is special and how you could make that really interesting.
It’s a fact of life: A home’s smallest bedroom is assigned to the household’s youngest members. Here are list of ways you can amplify the aesthetic potential of your childâ€™s space.
Children are extremely imaginative, and it’s important to have stimulating and age-appropriate themes around them.
- Wall decor is a great way to personalize a room and turn it into an interactive play area. Wall murals and reusable wall stickers stimulate the child’s imagination by transporting them into the theme.
Transport wall decal theme available at all leading stores and E-tailers.
- Â Rugs are a great way to add a splash of color, texture and tie in a roomâ€™s theme. An interesting option to make learning a lot of fun are the popular â€˜activity rugsâ€™ which allow children to play with the rug and learn at the same time. A hopscotch rug for girls or a racetrack for boys are the most popular rugs to interact with.
Hopscotch Rug at BIBZY by AA Living, Mumbai
Accent rugs at BIBZY by AA Living, Mumbai
Grass Rug at BIBZY by AA Living, Mumbai
- Â Childrenâ€™s bedspreads can add a sense of whimsy to a child’s bedroom but they should also be easily machine washable and practical in case of a spill or emergency. AppliquÃ©d coverlets, and fun cushions add in a lot of color to any room and are a budget way of sprucing up a room and making it age appropriate.
Paris themed room dÃ©cor at BIBZY by AA Living, Mumbai
- Think ahead… kids grow fast and tastes change rapidly. When youâ€™re choosing a palette, think of colors that you can accessorize in many different ways. Bring in favorite characters through removable items, such â€¨as cushions, wall stickers and stuffed toys, so you can easily change them when your child outgrows them.
6 pc Bathroom DÃ©cor set at BIBZY by AA Living, Mumbai
Soap spitter at BIBZY by AA Living
- Neutral custom made room furniture by Bibzy at AA Living
And lastly donâ€™t get too serious with the roomâ€™s dÃ©cor, have fun and let your children contribute to the entire process as it helps them learn, grow and experiment.