Potato Cheese Pancakes are fairly easy to dish out and does not take too much time. All our recipes are interchangeable with ingredients of your choice & what I absolutely love about being an Indian is the choice of food & ingredients that we can substitute & introduce to our children. Â I actually thought of this recipe while my daughter was learning shapes in school and this was one of my attempts to continue teaching shapes. If you havenâ€™t read our different ways to introduce shapes then CLICK HERE
This one is extremely easy and again choose your ingredients well.
- >2 large boiled Potatoes/sweet potatoes/Yam/Pumpkin
- Â½ cup of grated cheese or paneer(cottage cheese)
- Add l Tbsp. Of Semolina flour(Rava), plus salt and pepper to taste.
- Add(ginger â€“ chilli paste of your child likes some spice.
- Optional: Mint leaves paste/Rock Salt
Mix all the above ingredients and make little circular balls and flatten them out and place onto a greased, heated non stick pan. Cook until light brown on each side.
Makes 8-10 small pancakes. You could also cut it into various shapes with a knife or a shape sorter.
Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or sour cream.